When the ISIS fighters overran many cities last year, the United States’ Central Command analysts wrote the classified assessments for the military intelligence officials as well as policy makers. This documented the Iraqi Army’s humiliating retreat. Before the assessments were finalized, the analysts’ superiors came up with significant changes, former intelligence officials stated. In the documents that were revised, the Iraqi Army was not retreated but redeployed.
Such changes are made at the heart of the internal Pentagon investigation of the Centcom that is expanding. Known as the Central Command, the analysts claim that the supervisors revised the conclusions in order to mask some of the military failures of America in the training of the Iraqi troops and beating the Islamic State back. The analysts claim that the superiors were eager to paint an optimistic picture of the role of America in the conflict.
Lately, the inspector general of Pentagon seized a huge trove of emails and documents from the military services. He added that more investigators are to do the inquiry.
The recent Paris attack is a deadly demonstration of the Islamic State that was once just a group of militants that was focused on seizing the territory in Syria and Iraq. Now, the group has broadened its focus on attacking the West. The electronic files that were seized in the Pentagon inquiry convey the story of the rise in the group as seen by Centcom that oversees the military operations in the Middle East.
The content of these documents remain unclear, but that may not become public as the information is classified. The military officials said Congress that some of the documents and emails have been deleted before they turned over to those who investigated. The lawmakers are insisting to get the answers to these claims, but it remains unclear if the inspector general was able to verify the same.
Read Also : Donald Trump for Scrutiny of Some Mosques, Syrian Refugee Database
Donald J. Trump said that he would call for surveillance of some mosques in order to combat terrorism following the Paris attacks. He claimed that thousands of people were cheering to see the World Trade Center fall on September 11, 2001. While addressing a rally that took place at Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex, Mr. Trump seeking the Republican presidential nomination released the accounts of his apparent support to create a registry of all the Muslims in the country.
He also claimed that he wanted a database of all the refugees who entered the country from Syria. He claimed that they had it before, and they will have it again. It is not clear if the database of the Syrian refugees will be noticeably different from the records that are already kept in the screening by the federal agencies.
Mr. Trump, the leading candidate of Republicans in certain polls has been the most strident one of all the contenders when it comes to the issue of whether to accept the refugee following the Paris attacks. This raises the possibility that extremists can slip in among them. He stated that if he wins the presidency, the refugees will go back and that they cannot stay in the U.S.
Earlier this year, Donald Trump stated that accepting a specific number of Syrian refugees was a humanitarian decision.
Mr. Trump’s call for the surveillance of the mosques came following his statement in the previous week that he supported to close some mosques. He is not the only one who is making calls as Hillary Clinton’s top donor, Haim Saban, also urged the surveillance after the Paris attacks. But, he later stated that he had misspoken.
Otherwise, his speech was a classic performance, humor, mockery and a crowd pleasing stream of boasts. His speech regarding the September 2001 attack raised some controversy.
Read Also: Chicago’s John Hancock Center Catches Fire, 5 Injured